The Department of Political Science started its journey in 1957. Political Science was taught as a pass subject at that time. Satyendra Nath Pal happened to be the first teacher of the department as per official record. Initially the department was under the affiliation of Calcutta University. Political Science was started in 1969. A number of eminent teachers were the faculties of the department. Among them, Satabrata Roychoudhury, Dr. Prasanta Roy, Bipul Kumar Bhadra, R.C. Bhattacharya, Chiranjib Kumar Kar, Anil Kumar Saha were important who served the college in 1970s. However, the department came under the affiliation of Vidyasagar University in 1985 follows the syallabus and curriculam as envisaged by Vidyasagar University. Teaching Learning and Evaluation process are bein changed over the passes of time. The department now follows the CBCS pattern as per Vidyasagar University norms. The department has an enriched departmental library. Students can borrow books from the library. We have many students who had qualified NET/ SET examinations in later period. Department has an intakr capacity of 75. At present 144 sudents are pursuing Political Honours course. Total teaching strength of the department is 8. Among them two are permanent and six are State Aided College teachers.